Definition of executive
From Middle French executif.
executive (comparative more executive, superlative most executive)
- Designed or fitted for execution, or carrying into effect.
- Of, pertaining to, or having responsibility for for the day-to-day running of an organisation, business, country, etc.; as, an executive act, an executive officer, executive government.
executive (plural executives)
- A title of a chief officer or administrator, especially one who can make significant decisions on her/his own authority.
- That branch of government which is responsible for enforcing laws and judicial decisions, and for the day-to-day running of the state.
- chief executive
- chief executive officer, CEO
- executive director
- executive order
- executive producer
Source: Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK