Definition of acquisition
From Middle English, from Latin acquisitio, from acquirere.
acquisition (plural acquisitions)
- The act or process of acquiring.
The acquisition of sports equipment can be fun in itself.
- The thing acquired or gained; a gain.
That graphite tennis racquet is quite an acquisition.
- (an act of acquiring): accession, procurement
- (a thing acquired): accession, acquirement
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK