Definition of defective
defective (comparative more defective, superlative most defective)
- Having one or more defects.
- (grammar, of a verb) lacking some forms; e.g., having only one tense or being usable only in the third person.
defective (plural defectives)
- A person considered to be defective.
* 2007 January 15, Bernard E. Harcourt, "The Mentally Ill, Behind Bars", New York Times:
There were many more kinds of mental institutions at mid-century, ones for "mental defectives and epileptics" and the mentally retarded, psychiatric wards in veterans hospitals, as well as "psychopathic" and private mental hospitals.
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK