Definition of discrepancy
From Latin discrepantia; discrepans; discrepō; crepō.
discrepancy (plural discrepancies)
- An inconsistency between facts or sentiments.
They found a discrepancy between the first set of test results and the second, and they're still trying to figure out why.
- The state or quality of being discrepant.
- (inconsistency): conflict, contrariety, deviation, difference, disagreement, disparity, divergence, incompatibility, inconsistency, mismatch, variance, variation, dissimilarity, anomaly
- (discrepant state): discordance, anomalous
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.