Definition of unnecessary
- (UK) IPA: /ʌnˈnɛs.əˌsəɹ.ɪ /, /ʌnˈnɛs.əˌsɛɹ.ɪ/, X-SAMPA: /Vn.nEs@s@r\I/, /Vn.nEs@sEr\I/
- (US) IPA: /ʌnˈnɛs.əˌsɛɹ.i/, X-SAMPA: /Vn.nEs@sEr\I/
- Audio (US) [?]
- Rhymes: -æri
- (UK) (non standard) IPA: /ʌnˈnɛs.ə.ɹɪ/
- (US) (non standard) IPA: /ʌnˈnɛs.ə.ɹɪ/
unnecessary (comparative more unnecessary, superlative most unnecessary)
- Not needed or necessary.
The automatic child-frightener made clowns unnecessary.
- Done in addition to requirements; unrequired.
- (not needed): necessary, needed
- (in addition to requirements): required, mandatory
- (not needed): superfluous, unneeded, needless
- (in addition to requirements): additional
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK