Definition of bogus
- (UK) IPA: /ˈbəʊ.ɡəs/
- (US) IPA: /ˈboʊ.ɡəs/
- Audio (US) [?]
- Rhymes: -əʊɡəs
bogus (comparative more bogus, superlative most bogus)
- counterfeit or fake; not genuine
- Undesirable or harmful.
- Incorrect, useless, or broken.
- (philately) Of a totally fictitious issue printed for collectors, often issued on behalf of a non-existent territory or country (not to be confused with forgery, which is an illegitimate copy of a genuine stamp).
- Based on false or misleading information or unjustified assumptions.
- (counterfeit): counterfeit, fake, phony
- (incorrect): incorrect, useless, broken
- (stamp-collecting) illegal
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK