Legal Definition of chaste
- A person who has never voluntarily had sexual intercourse outside of marriage such as unmarried virgins.
Definition of chaste
From Old French chaste ("morally pure"), from Latin castus ("pure").
- chāst, /tʃeɪst/, /tSeIst/
- Audio (US) [?]
- Homophones: chased
- Rhymes: -eɪst
chaste (comparative more chaste, superlative most chaste)
- Abstaining from sexual intercourse.
- Married couples are often exhorted to have "chaste sex"--compare the Vatican encyclical Casti Connubii (Of Chaste Wedlock).
- Alphagram: acehst
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK