Definition of comply
comply (third-person singular simple present complies, present participle complying, simple past and past participle complied)
- To yield assent; to accord; agree, or acquiesce; to adapt one's self; to consent or conform;
* 2009, Wikipedia: Cuba:
The U.S. Congress passed a resolution calling for intervention and President William McKinley was quick to comply.
- (archaic): To be ceremoniously courteous; to make one's compliments.
- (archaic): To fulfill; to accomplish.
- (archaic): To infold; to embrace.
- Usually followed by "with".
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK