Legal Definition of kidnap
- abduct (a person), especially to obtain a ransom
- carry away somebody by force and unlawfully
Definition of kidnap
- From kid ("child") + nap ("nab, grab")
to kidnap (third-person singular simple present kidnaps, present participle kidnapping or kidnaping, simple past and past participle kidnapped or kidnaped)
- (transitive) To seize and detain a person unlawfully; sometimes for ransom.
kidnap (plural kidnaps)
- An instance of kidnapping.
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK