Definition of undertaking
- IPA: /ˈʌndə(r)ˌteɪkɪŋ/, SAMPA: /"Vnd3r%teIkIN/
- Audio, US [?]
undertaking (plural undertakings)
- Specifically, the business of an undertaker, or the management of funerals.
- A promise or pledge; a guarantee.
- That which is undertaken; any business, work, or project which a person engages in, or attempts to perform; an enterprise.
- The act of one who undertakes, or engages in, any project or business.
- Present participle of undertake.
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK