Definition of valid
From Middle French valide
valid (comparative more valid, superlative most valid)
- Well grounded or justifiable, pertinent.
I will believe him as soon as he offers a valid answer.
- Acceptable, proper or correct.
A valid format for the date is MM/DD/YY.
Do not drive without a valid license.
- Related to the current topic, or presented within context, relevant.
- (logic) A formula or system that evaluates to true regardless of the input values.
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.