Definition of legal
From Latin lēgālis ("legal"), from lēx ("law").
- (RP) IPA: /liː.ɡəl/, SAMPA: /li:g.@l/
- Rhymes: -iːɡəl
- (US) IPA: /ligəl/
- Audio (US) [?]
legal (comparative more legal, superlative most legal)
- Relating to the law or to lawyers, as in legal profession.
- Something which has a basis in the law, such as legal precedent.
- Something which is allowed or prescribed by law, such as a legal motion.
- legal beagle
- legal duty
- legal eagle
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK