Legal Definition of assign
- To give, to transfer responsibility, to another. The assignee (sometimes also called "assigns") is the person who receives the right or property being given and the assignor is the person giving.
Definition of assign
to assign (third-person singular simple present assigns, present participle assigning, simple past and past participle assigned)
- (transitive) To designate or set apart something for some purpose.
- (transitive) To appoint or select someone for some office.
- (transitive) To allot or give something as a task.
- (transitive) To attribute or sort something into categories.
- (transitive) (law) To transfer property, a legal right, etc., from one person to another.
assign (plural assigns)
- An assignee.
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK