Legal Definition of guardian
- An individual who, by legal appointment or by the effect of a written law, is given custody of both the property and the person of one who is unable to manage their own affairs, such as a child or mentally-disabled person.
Definition of guardian
guardian (plural guardians)
- Someone who guards, watches over, or protects.
- (law) A person legally responsible for a minor (in loco parentis).
- (law) A person legally responsible for an incompetent person.
- A superior in a Franciscan monastery.
- (video games) A major or final enemy; boss.
- Wiktionary. Published under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
TOP LEGAL TERMS THIS WEEK